Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 85

    Singapore Day 84

    March 15 in Singapore ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE
    Spread across 63 islands at the tip of the Malay Peninsula, Singapore is the world's only island city-state. Established in 1819 for the East India Company by Sir Stamford Raffles, after whom the famed hotel is named, it grew from a secluded backwater into a shabby port city before transforming itself into a sophisticated metropolis. The technology and economy are highly advanced here, yet the islands host plentiful green parks with tree-lined footpaths and the stunning National Orchid Garden. For a panoramic view of it all, the Marina Bay Sands towers offer the perfect observation deck; the Sands Skypark lies flat atop the rooftops of this trio of 57-story hotel towers like an enormous surfboard.
    In 1965, Singapore was considered 3rd world, however.
    today there are 5.9 million (6), 100 % immigrant people. The city is a very modern cutting edge and uncrowded city and roadways, Fresh water is precious and was created by controlling and damed 19 rivers that go to the sea, and created 17 reservoirs of fresh water - They still buy water from other countries but they are planning desalination plants to become self sufficient. They are now brackish and they are able to recycle the water into fresh. Nutmeg is a big export product from Singapore. There are 4 races in Singapore
    Indian
    Chinese
    Malaysia
    Eurasians
    80% of citizens live in government controlled, maintained, and subsidized housing. However, 9 out of 10 people own their own homes from the government with 99 year leases. You can sell the home and buy another. They have Medical-care for free for all people in their country.
    They all retire at 63 y/o. 90% of food is imported however, they are growing veg. in hydroponics on roofs and inside buildings to become food self sufficient.
    62 islands are being created in Singapore and serve for the waste disposal (land fill sites) for the island. 2035 the waste management islands will be livable. They are always looking for other ways for waste management in the future.
    Public housing is for everyone in Singapore gas more than
    7 million trees - it is mandatory to plant trees along the roads and to replace dying trees with new, they created shade for the people walking along the sidewalks. The public parks are connected to one another and provide over 400 km of connected parks for recreation.
    Singapore is the
    2nd busiest port to Shanghai - which is the 1st.
    Read more