Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 101

    Taj Mahal. Day 100

    March 31 in India ⋅ ☀️ 37 °C

    After a wake up call at 4:30 am we then assembled in the lobby for the drive to Taj Mahal -
    we again boarded the battery buses and proceeded to Taj Mahal - we lined up to enter for the sunrise views, while waiting in line we enjoyed the group of monkeys in the roofs of the shops lining the street. This time theTaj Mahal- lines were much longer, and the lines were not just locals. We did not go to the front of the line this morning.
    It was worth getting up at 3:30 am… it is the most beautiful building in the world. We went back to the Jaypee Palace Hotel for another great Indian buffet breakfast. Then we assembled in the lobby for the Drive to Fatehpur Sikri. We Arrive at the coach parking area for a short walk to board your special buses to transfer you to the main Fatehpur Sikri monument. Our same guided took us through Fatehpur Sikri - he was very knowledge.
    We walked to re-board the special buses and return to the coach parking area and drove
    back to Jaypee Palace Hotel in Agra had a buffet lunch at Jaypee Palace Hotel and departed Agra for Delhi by coach. Heather, Marie, Susan, Angelo (Aussies) and Dennis and I sat in the back of the bus with each of us in our own seats for the 4 hour drive. We arrived at Le Meridien Delhi and checked-in. The security is intense in India and our luggage was again screened and we passed through metal detectors before entering the hotel. We had other great Indian Buffet Dinner at Le Meridien Dehli.
    Read more