Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 132

    Day 131 - Lisbon, Portugal

    1 Mei, Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    LISBON, PORTUGAL
    Throughout Lisbon, fascinating monuments tell this proud city's story. Along the riverfront, in Praça do Comércio, an equestrian statue at its center represents Portugal's King José I, who capably rebuilt the city following the devastating 1755 earthquake. Among the most recognized of Lisbon's monuments is the grand Monument to the Discoveries on the banks of the Tagus River, displaying statues of more than 30 contributors to exploration, whose bravery and spirit still shape the culture of this vibrant European capital.
    We traveled around in a tuk-tuk around the most beautiful and interesting areas of Lisbon, while sampling Portuguese cuisine. Our driver will was our guide, pointing out the sights and stopping for us to enjoy a few culinary treats. We stopped at one of Lisbon's most visited plazas, Praça do Rossio (Rossio Square); here, we again tasted a traditional Portuguese liquor, Ginjinha, that amazes everyone's palate. Then we drove to the São Pedro de Alcântara belvedere overlooking downtown Lisbon for a photo stop, and then visited the Alfama District, Lisbon's most emblematic quarter. Here, we were able to sit and taste cheese and wine from the different regions of Portugal.
    After which we returned the Neptune ship and had drinks with John, Steve, Allen and dinner with Heather and Marie at 8.
    Baca lagi