Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14–15

    Universal Studios Japan

    April 15 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    We spent the day at the amazing world that is Universal Studios Japan. The theme park was pretty incredible, featuring areas from Jurassic Park, Amity Beach, Harry Potter, Super Nintendo and more!

    We paid a bit extra to get an express pass, which was well worth the extra money and saved us hours of waiting in line for rides (some rides had wait times of nearly 3 hours). The theming of the different areas, in particular Harry Potter and Super Nintendo, was amazing, but it did feel like some extra rides would have made the experience even better. However we particularly enjoyed the Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, and Jaws rides.

    We also happened to bump into Vela's workmate, Josh and his partner Shelby, who had taken an impromptu holiday to Japan. We got led a little bit astray during dinner when there was a bottomless tap of lemon sour plumbed right into our table... Which led to some late night antics and karaoke.

    Quiet day after all that, in particular for Nathan to nurse his sore head. Vela also managed to get her final bit of retail therapy done for Japan - happy girl! We met up a second time with Josh and Shelby, but everyone was a bit more well behaved this time, and some very civilized games of pool and darts were had, with only a couple of beverages being consumed.
    Read more