Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Anderson, SC - Anderson/Lk Hartwell KOA

    February 18, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Finally found the warm weather! It took only a 700 mile drive. Anderson, SC welcomed us with a sunny 66° temperature.

    Today's drive took us through Charlotte, NC, with a stop at a Microsoft store for repairs to a tablet. We did better than a repair. Microsoft gave us a new tablet, even with the old being out of warranty. The old tablet had a overheating battery. We figured Microsoft felt it cheaper to replace the tablet rather than deal with damages from a fire. The store is located in the upscale SouthPark mall. Upscale being the key word. There's something to be said for a mall with Neiman Marcus and Nordstroms as anchor stores compared to one anchored by Sears and JC Penny's.

    Anderson, SC enjoys a very vibrant economy that is attributed to it's geographic location, halfway between Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA, along the I-85 corridor; and a strong manufacturing presence, especially in the of area of plastics. The area in general is recognized internationally as a automotive supplier hub. I suspect the BMW automobile manufacturing plant located here has something to do with all of Anderson's prosperity. Also, Clemson University is right next door. Probably a good place to live.

    An equally important facet of the Anderson locale is Lake Hartwell. This huge body of water was made by damning 3 rivers. Hundreds of feet deep, the reservoir and adjoining Statesville Park provide the usual outdoor activities associated with a recreational lake. Much to enjoy!
    Read more