Satellite
  • Day 111

    Choctaw, Oklahoma - Oklahoma City E KOA

    June 4, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    As the KOA campground name indicates, we are near Oklahoma City. We're just east of the City, in Choctaw, OK. No trip through Oklahoma would complete without seeing Tornado Alley Central, OKC.

    Our drive took us right by the city and since we've outgrown our big city awe, we gave Oklahoma City only a cursory look. However, what we have seen and learned about OKC suggests the city is unique and has much to offer. Unforturnately, many people know OKC only for the tragic domestic terrorism act of the Federal Building bombing.

    OKC lies on the Great Plains surrounded by agriculture of all types especially cattle ranches. This source of cattle has made OKC one of the largest livestock markets in the world. There are 1.5 million people living in metropolitan OKC. Approximately half are living in the city itself. These city dwellers have the benefit of living in what appears to be a progressive environment and one that is citizen oriented. OKC is a city of business districts and neighborhoods. Many are affluent historic neighborhoods that adjoin up and coming districts. OKC has all the usual city amenities, theatre, museums, restaurants, parks, and sports, including the recent arrival of their own NBA team. The outlets for OKC citizens are many and varied.

    Oklahoma City appears to be a big city looking out for the people which makes it worth a look by anyone seeking a good place to live, work, and play. For anyone coming, there are 3 interstates that intersect here so it won't be hard to find or to get here.
    Read more