Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 132

    Mountain Top, Pennsylvania - Home

    June 25, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We're home!

    We enjoyed a wonderful trip. And we hope that friends and family have found our trip interesting and likewise enjoyed our adventures as much as we have.

    In over 4 months time we have visited 15 states, traveling 6,068 miles. Each state has provided us with unique opportunities to experience various sights and cultures, both old and new. The deep South holds much historical heritage; Texas stands all by itself, offering a unique mixture of people that is all Texan. New Mexico's scenery is beautiful. And Arizona has the scenery, and a mixture of cultures that offers much to enjoy. And enjoy we did! Went through Oklahoma for the first time in all our camping years. Flat with farms, farms, and more farms and you can't forget the excitement added by watching the skies for tornados.

    We visited cities, large and small towns, and towns that are only a dot on the map or just a crossroads. What makes it all interesting is each has a story to tell. Why is the town here? Where did the people come from? What made the town grow and sustain the people? All have answers that paint the history. History tells us where we have been and helps us understand where we are now and how to get to the future. All this is what makes traveling our country so interesting. When you throw in all the beauty, mountains, deserts, rivers, sunsets, and wildlife it's hard not to be impressed and to look forward to more travels.

    Up next, 2020 adventures!
    Read more