Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Betanzos to Presedo

    August 26, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    We stayed two nights in Betanzos, at the lovely Portico Hostal with a delicious restaurant right below. We chose to leave our mochilas at the hostal and walk with daypacks to Presedo, and get a taxi back to Betanzos for the second night. Our walk today was about 8 miles, through some roads, fields and forests, and also a stretch on the main highway which I was not too thrilled about. We walked through Presedo, which has only a very small albuerge, and had lunch a little further down the road at Mason Museo Xente no Camiño. We ate judias (flat green beans) and had a soup with noodles and another with chickpeas and tripa!
    We called a taxi which came quickly and took us back to Betanzos for the afternoon of relaxation and walking around town and another great dinner downstairs. Of note is the pig sculpture on top of the Romanesque church Santa Maria with the cross on its back as well as the Celtic symbols on the portico and exterior of the other Romanesque church.
    The weather is going to be interesting from now on for a couple of days so we’ve chosen to have Correos take our packs on ahead. We shall see how that goes!
    Read more