Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 13

    Reading/TV or shopping and 500

    24. september 2023, Singapore ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    A rainy day meant reading / sport on TV for one and shopping with Kay for the other.
    At the entrance to the shopping centre, and the Quincy, there are plastic bags to cover wet umbrellas.
    Some good shopping in M &S (Marks & Spencer), H & M’s (Hennes & Mauritz) and a small gift shop. When your credit transaction is declined because you didn’t bring your physical card but tried to use your Apple wallet you are very grateful for a good friend (who has access to money 💰). It is challenging to remember that Singapore dollars are only worth about 80cents AUD and there is GST and a sales tax added.
    We returned to the Indonesian restaurant, Tambuah Mas, in the Paragon and the tourist information centre for a chat with Monica about the Night Safari at the zoo.
    We saw the one and only person lying in the street that we have seen since leaving home and small groups of people sitting in the road edge gardens with umbrellas and plastic sheeting suspended in the trees protecting them from the rain while they picnicked.
    Sip & Snack was a hit again, sufficing as a dinner alternative between hands of cards.
    Læs mere