Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 154

    1 week @ La Cruz Verde in the Amazon

    April 6, 2023 in Bolivia ⋅ 🌧 26 °C

    La Cruz Verde is an animal protection project in the Bolivian Amazon founded only in 2020 by a Swiss ex hotel manager looking for a new purpose in life. Everything was built in only 2 years with the help of the volunteers and the indigenous community Carmen Florida. The mission is to free captivated wild animals or to rescue hurt animals in the jungle. Huge respect for the courage and the huge achievement of Frédéric (the Swiss founder) and Nico (a German living there for 15 years) for the animals.

    In my volunteering week we had 2 young monkeys 🙊 and a baby parrot 🦜 to care for besides activities for the group like cooking and baking bread. One day I spent helping in the community and one night hiking and camping on the mountain with an incredible view. This experience was unique, even though in demanding conditions (heat, humidity, mud, no electricity and a loooot of mosquitos).

    The green lung of our planet 🌏 is magic and you feel so connected to nature as in no other place on earth, I believe (that’s why I returned to the Amazon). The animals were amazing and give back so much love while we tried to teach them how to live and survive independently in the jungle. Apú and Anú, I will miss you 🙈!!
    Read more