Satellite
  • Day 6

    Ancona

    August 2, 2017 in Slovenia ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    After breakfast we returned the rental car to Avis. We had planned to walk back to the hotel, but after walking 20 minutes eventually caught the bus as there was no footpath to continue on.

    We returned to the hotel where we checked out, putting our bags into storage. We then caught a taxi into the down town area of Ancona getting dropped off at Pinots del Passetto. We decided not to walk down to the beach below which is reached by a long flight of steps. It was another very hotel day in Ancona. We decided to walk back into the central down town area and the historic city.

    We had lunch at Trattoria all Tredici Cannelle. It served simple food street side. The fish was particularly good here.

    After lunch we suffered through the heat exploring the down town area. We went into a few shops. We then had gelato.After that we caught a taxi back to the hotel to collect our left luggage. From there we went by taxi to the Port where we checked in. With our boarding passes in hand we caught a bus to the ferry. After clearing immigration, we boarded the ferry. There were many uniformed staff to greet us. We found our way to our cabin. The cabin was quite small but well equipped. It had its own small bathroom. There were 2 sets of bunk beds.

    We then headed upstairs to the bar. We had one drink there and then decided to try out the Resturant. We were some of the first to arrive and were seated at a table near the windows. The food was basic and reasonably priced. By the time the ferry departed the Resturant was quite full. The ferry left about 1 hour after its scheduled departure at sunset. It was very exciting to finally be away.

    Shortly after setting of we returned to our cabin.
    Read more