Satellite
  • Day 6

    A Post Of It's Own

    August 29, 2016 in England ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Harrods is so impressive I thought it deserved it's own post (plus I'm only allowed 6 photos per post).
    Getting there was easy, the underground is great although it was a lot busier today than yestetday.
    Getting from Knightsbridge station to Harrods was easier said than done. Between googlemaps not being quite sensitive enough when using walk mode and me having lost all sense of direction I walked twice as far as I needed to.
    A side note - I never realised how much I used the sun to guage my bearings. I was really struging until Caroline pointed out the sun will be in the south, now I just struggle sometimes.

    Well there is no sun in Harrods so I don't have that excuse for getting lost in there. I'm sure one of the reasons everything is so expensive is that you'll buy almost anything if they'll tell you how to get out.

    It was very crowded but I expect that now. I started in the food hall. The cheese! I bought a lobster club sandwich to have when I was finished. There is a photo below of the price/100g of steak. Incredible prices.

    I wandered through perfumes and modern art (neither what I wanted to see) until I found the household goods section and the books. I had a good wander round. Near the gift registry I realised I nothing seemed to have a price on it. The first thing I looked at was the peacock in the photo below. £69,000!!!!
    I then found a cutlery set for about £23,000. Incredible and if I'm honest, a little distasteful.
    The crockery section was amazing. I took these photos for you Jodie but don't expect me to bring anything back for the next high tea.

    Coloured glasswear seems to back in fashion mum. Did you keep all yours?
    And Margaret I'm guessing its been a while since you were at Harrods? The toilets were a big disappointment. Iv'e seen better ones at wineries down south.
    It then took about 30 minutes to find my wayout. The place is huge.

    Photos:
    Cups and saucers
    Steak prices/100g
    Cheese!
    More dining sets
    Coloured glasseear
    Read more