Satellite
  • Day 41

    Oban

    October 3, 2016 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    Today's agenda was the Steall falls and Oban.
    A beautiful drive in the wrong direction wasn't on the list but happened first up anyway - bloody GPS. The GPS couldn't find the falls and when I put in what I thought was the address took me on a drive to nowhere, but a very scenic drive to nowhere.
    Googlemaps was more successful and I found my way to the lower falls carpark (the upper falls path is blocked by a rock fall) and finally saw the lower falls.

    Onwards to Oban, the town that is close to the isle of Mull. It is a lovely seaside town, although the tide was out.
    I had a huge seafood platter for lunch - smoked salmon, mussles, oysters, langostines and a crab claw. I had a wander around the town.

    Back towards Fort William is the sea life santuary, I got a good look at an otter for the first time, I hadn't realised they had such long tails.I was in time for the seal feeding, it was great to watch.
    I stopped in Glencoe on the way back, there wasn't a lot to see. I drove around the river Coe which was a nice drive.

    I had a bit of trouble finding tea, the first place didn't "do" solo diners in the restaurant, only in the bar. Well if they didn't want me in the restaurant I didn't want to eat in their bar, which may have been a foolish decision. The next two places were full/fully booked. The fourth had a table with mediocre service and food. I was just glad to eat and get back to the B&B.

    Ben Nevis
    Steall fals
    Glen views
    Lunch
    Oban
    Otter
    Read more