Satellite
  • Day 8

    Tamborine Mountain

    September 9, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    We are on our way south. Today was always a bit of a flexible day, to be decided while we were in Queensland. Our choices were limited by the bushfires as I had always intended we skirt Brisbane and go inland. Instead we went through Brisbane, right through as I missed a crucial turn due to not understanding which lane to be in. It did mean we drove over the Story Bridge so that was something.
    We also took a detour as I saw a sign saying “Southern Moreton Bay Tourist Drive”. What I didn’t realise was we were ar the south end of it and it was going north.
    Eventually we got to Tamborine Mountain. We did the skywalk amount the rainforest. That was really interesting.

    We later went to the glow worm cave. This is a man made cave that enables us to see them during the day. Unfortunately I couldn’t take any photos. The worms are quite small, the make long sticky threads to capture their prey, a bit like spiders. The cave really did look like stars in the sky.

    We finished with a walk down the long gallery, a street with an eclectic range of shops.

    Due to the fires we decided to stay in the Gold Coast rather than the mountains. We are very close to Movie World.
    Read more