Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Under the sea and then a detour home

    August 21, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    All good things have to come to an end and today was our last day.
    We started the morning off with a visit to the Busselton jetty. We took the train out to the end of the jetty. We shared our carriage with a travel journalist who was writing a freelance article for The Australian on the underwater sculptures at the end of the jetty. She was going snorkeling to see them. While it was a sunny day still a bit cold for snorkeling for us but we had an interesting conversation with her.

    The tour was good. Visibility was okay to good. Definitely better than when I visited last year. I discovered the visibility is more effected by the amount and direction of the wind rather than how cloudy it is. Lots of life on the pylons and fish to observe.

    We took the train back to the end of the jetty and had lunch at The Goose. The menu had too many delicious sounding items on it and we ordered too much food.

    Homeward bound with a few detours. Our first planned stop was Harvey and despite google maps’s best efforts we didn’t take the quickest route and instead went out the back of Capel and through Boyanup. We found a couple of lovely shops to browse through, worth a stop.
    The cheeses at Harvey Cheese didn’t disappoint and we then headed straight back to Cathrine’s.

    Cathrine’s husband Kim and all three dogs survived. Given that and the fact that Cathrine and I are still talking to each other I’m hoping we can go away again.
    Read more