Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Party like a Lobstar

    July 15, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    After a frenetic itinerary, it was time to slow down & unwind a bit. Where do NY's go for the summer? They go to the Hamptons of course! So we caught the Jitney bus and headed down to Long Island for a day and night to see how .01% of the population live.

    Aside from the Mansions and high end boutique stores in East and South Hampton, the other towns are gorgeous! Great vibe, clean, not pretentious, great food, excellent service..... but oh so flipping expensive by our standards.

    We stayed in Napeague, just outside the tonguetwister town of Amagansett. Our little pozzie was decorated in true Ken and Barbie style 🤣
    Now this whole area is famous for its lobster 🦞 and since I've never ever eaten lobster before, at age 52, it was time to tuck into a 1.5 pound lobster, served with corn & coleslaw, a bib and a cracking tool at the famous Lobster Roll restaurant. Flip, that was yummy.... the tastiest part is definitely the claws!

    Got to take in some rays on the beach and swim in the warm ocean. Ended the day with cocktails (Purple Rain & Black Manhattan) at Morty's oyster bar and 4 oysters, from Japan, 2 from Canada and 1 from Massachusetts (that last one ain't so good)

    Early rise to check out Montauk, the most easterly point of NY state. Pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast and bottomless coffee was the best! Montauk is such a lekker place for a holiday!

    Headed back to NY for our last night. Booked a photography course for Karl (shooting NY at night from Times Square).
    Read more