Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    The Capital of Peace

    February 24, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    First stop for 2 days before our final destination, is Geneva, the Capital of Peace, home to 200 international organisations including the UN.

    Of course this Mediterranean, being winter, packed 16 layers, puffers, beanies and gloves etc because I dont do cold, and it turned out to be the most glorious summers day! I was overdressed but Karl the Viking, walked around the entire day in a tshirt!

    What a clean, pristine, picturesque city! It's kind of like a Helsinki vibe but with a European flair. People super chilled. It's also super expensive 🤑 Youll pay 3 times more in Swiss francs for something than you would in Euros!

    Staying at the gorgeous Hotel D'Angleterre (South African owned) with a view of Lake Geneva 😍.

    Spent the day exploring areas around the lake and the main city centre where we found a great end of season sale to buy some kit for skiing ... gulp ⛷️

    This is also the home of high end watches, fondue and master chocolates. Obligatory lake Geneva boat trip, stroll through Globus department store, lunch at Café du Centre a classical old school bistro and ended the evening with dinner at a local spot called Sons of Wine for great red wine and a charcuterie board.
    Read more