Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Food at the festival.

    January 26, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    While the food around the Bicentennial park was quite expensive and not outstanding, the Pub group were very good. Due to a very full programme we ended up eating out a few times. While any of the Pub group had good food albeit similar, the Longyard was impressively fast service.

    We ordered food there twice and each time the wait time was under 10 minutes.
    The pictures are meals we had at the Pub. Service was good here as well with a very short wait time.

    We were told that the pub was owned by a bloke who originally ran the funeral home. Apparently the Pub was originally one of those places. If you look up above the bar there are unusually placed rows of mirrors. These were supposed to allow a view of the departed in their coffin during the service. We never confirmed this story.

    Our experience at West's League club was different. The food was quite good... When we managed order and wait quite a long time.

    We went there to see Becky Cole. The shoe was good and we were getting hungry by the time the show finished. Arriving at the eatery we found an enormous crowd waiting to get a table in the very crowded restaurant. The wait was over half an hour and quite a few of the queue bailed out.

    Eventually we had a table and ordered. The food took quite a while arriving but it was good and we were hungry. We splurged out and had Belgium waffles for dessert. The four of us shares two generous serves.

    Tamworth is well serviced with supermarkets so the only problem was the travel time to and from the tourist park we were staying at. Arriving back late has become the norm.
    Read more