Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Marrar, NSW.

    February 2, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Another of those small country town that are gradually declining. This town is well kept and seems to have a great community.

    The Pub is quite busy, probably partly the Friday night session but apparently there is a huge raffle being drawn with quite a decent prize.

    We are camped in a lovely park quite close to the railway line. We are not expecting too many trains though. It is not grain season and the passengers trains don't run often.

    Waking up a little later the next morning with near perfect weather. Beautiful sunny morning with gentle cool breeze. Probably does not get better. The people here obviously take a lot of pride in their town.

    In the evening we prepared our food and put it in the Shuttle chef. This clever pot is vacuum insulated and will keep food hot for many hours. This job was simple though. We had roasted butternut and Kent pumpkin and part cooked it.

    Only an hour or so in the shuttle and it would be fully cooked. Last step is to simply add milk and use the stick blender to create a lovely pumpkin soup. Power for the blender is from a battery that is recharged by solar panel. We are getting good at adapting everyday devices to run from solar.

    Just a quick drink at the Pub we thought. Around two hours later we got back for quite a late supper. We chatted to local farmers who were passionate about what they do. Even had a invitation to have a look at a modern wheat farm next time we stop here.
    Read more