Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 65

    Food on the Road.

    March 11, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Just because one is on the road there is no need to forego good food. Generally there are good opportunities to be creative when planning and preparing meals. Sometimes there are things that are planned that don't happen.

    Such was the rump steak. Stored right up to the use by date it needed to be used. The fridge runs at a very cool 2 degrees so we have never had food spoilage. The usual breakfast of muesli with berries and homemade Greek yoghurt. Nothing very creative there. Very tasty as usual. That rump steak was needing to be used though.

    The nights have been pleasantly cool so a nice pumpkin soup sounded like a great idea. But that rump? I decided to make barbecued pumpkin soup by barbequeing the pumpkin on the bidgee barbeque. The nicely caramelized pieces done in olive are ready for soup making tonight. All keeping nice and hot in the shuttle chef.

    The steak was thinly sliced and cooked along with onion on the barbecue. All added to Turkish bread with a little cheese and salad. A gourmet lunch as good as any restaurant. A larger lunch than usual and soup tonight. All minor problems fully resolved.
    Read more