Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Camping on the Murrumbidgee

    March 30, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 14 °C

    We decided despite the windy conditions we would camp in the reserve.

    Since the weather here is pleasent, even though a bit cool, we have decided to spend our spare night here.

    It was an early night to bed and an early rise. Everything was very quiet and peaceful. Now though at nearly 9am some cocatoos have arrived to make sure we are awake.

    The day here on the bank of the river has been quiet. We got a few chores done, organised showers and cooked our supper. It is waiting in the shuttle chef for us.

    The cocatoos just did a return run screeching their way back to their roosting area. The area is now very quiet. So quiet in fact that we can just hear the vehicles on a distant road. The dense flooded river gums tend to mute this sort of sound though.

    Although quite low the river is quite clean and flowing. This is due to the water being released from a dam to be used for irrigation. Last time we were camped on this river was a bit upstream of Wagga Wagga and the water was quite muddy.

    This is definitely a place we would favour to return to on another trip.
    Read more