Satellite
Show on map
  • My Fitness Watch thinks it's been stolen

    May 20, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    The last week has been one with a lot of walking and reasonable levels of activity. This is a stark contrast to my usual day, especially when sitting around all day fixing computer problems. My usual day then would be about 3,000 steps. It has been many days now with at least 6,000 steps.

    The last few days have exceeded 10,000 steps, most with a reasonable period of exertion.

    Fitness watches are quite useful to quantify how active you are. They not only measure steps but also monitor heart rate so calorific output can be measured. Al this information is syncronized to the phone health app. After a day of activity my Samsung watch can monitor sleep. The Apple watch requires a paid app for this functionality.

    Recharging is fast using a supplied charging dock. 3 days use is possible with all tracking on. Over a month use can be achieved if set to watch only function.

    My watch is the Samsung one with a round face while Pam has the Apple version with a square. Both have similar features but you do need the one that matches your phone for the best overall recording and analysis. These watches can also display the time using thousands of digital watch faces. Pam uses a digital version while mine is set to an analogue face.

    Taking calls or dismissing them is convenient, especially when you have the watch stowed in your pack.

    These things might seem a bit frivolous to some people. I am finding it quite a decent tool to understand how well I am exercising.

    I think the watch thinks it has been stolen and someone else has been using it for the last few weeks.
    Read more