Satellite
  • Day 9

    Breaking news - Rudolph

    January 25, 2020 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ -12 °C

    We killed him as we left Finland going into Norway! He ran out on the road in front of the bus which hit him in the stomach. He then went right under the bus and ended up on the side of the road.

    The bus driver saved our lives as it was a huge reindeer and there was a very loud noise as the bus hit it. He kept the bus steady on the ice and kept it from flipping. Scary.

    The driver was abit shaky and had to take some time to steady himself before we set off again.

    This was his first reindeer hit.

    In Finland if you kill a reindeer the law is that you look at its marking and notify the police who then notify the owner. Insurance covers all killed reindeer. They are allowed to roam free so road kills happen.

    The police and the owner were going to come straight away and collect it.

    Bit like our kangaroo road kills - I hit one once and the car was wreaked but the kangaroo hopped off without a worry.

    The tour guide was funny as she said it would have been killed anyway for meat.

    Then the bus hit a large white bird so it really became the killing bus, or the suicide bus depending on how you look at it.

    Then guess what was for dinner?! Yes reindeer!
    Read more