Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Isn't it Grand?

    June 5, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    After our peaceful night at the cabin, we were off to spend the day wandering the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We started at the visitor's center and the little walks right along the canyon including the path to Bright Angel Point. After enjoying the introduction to the canyon, we got in the car to see as much as we could see in a day.

    We first drove toward Cape Royal. We found a nice overlook for a picnic, Vista Encantada, where we enjoyed the views and our sandwiches. The Colorado River is off in the distance with many side canyons and shapes made by smaller creeks coming off of the mesa.

    We continued on toward Cape Royal stopping at Roosevelt Point along the way. We enjoyed the view of Angel's Window and then walked the trail out to it. The last hike is Point Royal at the end of the mesa with a 270 degree view of the canyon. On the way back out, we stopped and hiked Cliff Spring Trail. It was a nice hike through scattered trees down a valley that led to an overhanging cliff and a seep spring. We walked past an indian grain storage site on the way. Back on the drive, we stopped at Walahalla Ruins, an Ancient Puebloans home site.

    The last section of road to drive led us to Point Imperial. It was another amazing view over canyons. It is hard to understand the size and scale of the place even as you are there in person. We ended the day at Hurricane, Utah getting us closer to Las Vegas and our flight home the next day.
    Read more