Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Hanoi temple of literature

    July 3, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 35 °C

    I took Hanoi City tour today wich was absolutely amazing. Meet up with the tour guide, an British family of four and my roommate for the whole trip at the Hanoi opera House.
    From there we took a private bus too the temple of literature. The temple was in a beautiful garden and looked pretty impressive. I just kinda hoped in the temple of literature would be more books but well can't have everything.
    The guide told us all about how in vietnam in the past children only learned about literature in school really nothing much beside that. There used too be state wide exams and the names of people passing with top marks where put on some stones wich stood on turtles too be an inspiration for future generations. The vitnamese semm too be pretty obsessed with turtles it's one of there holy animals but really there are everywhere.
    Fun fact another holy animal is a unicorn but not how we know it, it has the body of a lion mixed with the head of an dragon, which by the way is another holy animal.
    We also got inside the actual temple too look at all the bright colours and statues of an important professor who was kinda known too be the wisest man of all or something like that.
    After this we got traditional vitnamese green tea, which was a little too strong for my taste but the green bean cake was great.
    Read more