Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Hanoi City trip part 2

    July 3, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 37 °C

    After tea it was time too go to the famous prison Hoa lo where the French inprisoned many people who tried too revolt against there occupation of Vietnam.
    It was horrible too see how people where treated back then by the French. On cell sometimes hold 300 people in just a few square meters. It reminded me of the way people in concentration camps where treated and it was really humbling too be there.
    After the prison we took the bus too the cathedral build by the French too look just like nothredam.
    From there we started walking (and sweating 38°c)
    too get too a little temple inside of a lake which looked stunning. I was really surprised how green this city actually is.
    We got too a little local shop too eat noodle and beef soup which was amazing, you just didn't wanted too check too close how clean everything really was.
    After eating the trip ended and my roommate and I decided too walk back too the hotel.
    The way there definitely was adventerous, the traffic here still kinda scares me no one stops you just walk and hope for the best.
    But it was a great way too get a first impression of the city, it's loud and it's messy but I kind of really like it.
    And well you learn too really appreciate showers.
    Read more