Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Longset Beach

    April 16, 2018 in Cambodia ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    On the island of Koh Rong, Longset Beach is about three kilometres up the beach from all the thumping bars and nightclubs of Saracen Bay. Well not all. There is one nightclub that is a little ways down the beach but it may as well be in front of our cabana. We think it closed down around four in the morning. Thank goodness for earplugs. The beach here is very different from where we just were. There is little to no garbage, the beaches are clean, white and soft like talcum.
    The bungalows, while absolutely beautiful, aren’t exactly “critter” proof. The floors are loose fitting wood plank, the walls, loose fitting mahogany siding, the roof, loose fitting thatch. So there’s bugs. And lord knows what else. But there is mosquito netting over the bed. That is small consolation for Jackie and Amber who aren’t a fan of sharing their rooms with anything from the insect kingdom.
    But the people are nice, actually the owner lived in Ottawa for thirty years and came back here ten years ago and built this resort as her retirement. The place is a hubbub of activity, raking, sweeping, I am sure its a full time job holding back the jungle.
    Read more