Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 79

    Just another day in Cambodia

    April 23, 2018 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    Because we like to keep our travel plans open, we don’t book anything in advance and kinda let the trip take us wherever we wanna go. Works well for us, mostly. Eight months ago when we booked the trip to Singapore and then home from Manila we didn’t give much consideration to how or when we would book a flight from wherever we were at the end of the vacation to get to Manila. And this revelation hit us just the day before we needed to be in Manila to catch the flight home.
    And when we did look into it months ago, to fly from Siem Reap, say to Manila, it was about $80 per person. That’s really good. If you wait until the day before that price goes up. We hoped to just fly to Shanghai and make our connection there with our original booking and not have to go to Manila at all and give us an extra day in Cambodia. China Eastern Airline, while being an awesome airline for the actual flying part, aren’t so hot with their customer service, we actually still haven’t heard back from them.
    So Robert and I set out to find the China Eastern Office in Siem Reap and straighten things out. Now, many of the tuktuk drivers don’t speak English, and from what i can tell some don’t read either. And the streets are seldom signed, if at all. And every bloody road looks the same as the last, so we weren’t any help either. Three tuktuks later, and stopping for directions three times, we accidentally stumbled on the China Eastern Airline offices. They were closed.
    Little did we know, when the girls took off at the same time as us, for a yoga class, they had the exact same “issue” with their tuktuk as well. It’s all a a work in progress.
    Read more