Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 204

    Exmouth Navy Pier Dive

    September 24, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We decided to finish off our time in Ningaloo by doing the world class Navy Pier Dive in Exmouth. This navy pier has minimal boat activity and no fishing is allowed so the sea life was out of this world!
    We saw the densest and most diverse array of aquatic creatures in this dive. About 4 grey nurse sharks, multiple gropers including an enormous 2.5m long old boy, lion fish, wobegong sharks, moray eels, octopus, different colourful nudibranchs, enormous schools of barracuda and cod and loads of other fish, some incredible macro life too. And the sea life were all so relaxed about having us down there, it was like floating in another world!

    We were also lucky enough to dive with a lovely lady who was an underwater photographer and was kind enough to let us use her photos of the trip, seeing as we didn’t have any. Her Instagram is @kerryanneborgula and she has a video posted of on there with more of the photos from the dive. We’re pretty sure the two divers in one of the photos is Pete and I.

    We were super psyched to know there’s still areas in the ocean with such thriving sea life, we can only hope it survives in the future❤️
    Read more