Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    AWhole Day In Bath

    July 17, 2022 in England ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    So, when we were planning the trip we thought... let's get out of London for a night. See more of the country and save some money on a hotel. At the time it was a great idea. Now with the heatwave hitting Europe, all our travel plans are at risk due to cancellations... but... we went to Bath anyway. We will leave tomorrow's travel plans to God.

    The train out if London was packed. We had seats luckily but there were lots who had to stand for much of the journey. But hey, the train was running so all is good.

    Like everywhere else, Bath is beautiful but with much more of a Roman feel. We got tickets to see the actual Baths and we were surprised it was so big. 1st century architects could do amazing things.

    After the Baths we spent the rest of our time just wandering around the city. There are lots of beautiful areas and buildings. We missed the Michael Buble concert by a day but we saw them taking down the stage. Bath is a rich town and there were amazing cars everywhere.

    Then we made our way to our Youth Hostel. I was very impressed. Our room was spacious and even though we didn't have our own bathroom, they were right outside our door. It had self cooking spaces with everything you need to cook your own meal but they also had dining rooms and a Cafe. And the building was an old Italian style building surrounded by trees up the hill from the city center. A great relaxing place and it never felt busy.

    We walked down the hill to get some groceries for supper and then trekked back up to cook and eat the food. It was a hot day so we pretty much packed it on for the day. Kids were fine too settle in and do nothing. I was a lot more ansy. So when the sun had set, I convinced Jenny to go out for a walk and take some night time pictures. It was very pleasant.... and quiet. 😉.

    Tomorrow we will eat breakfast at the hostel and then start our adventure to get to Paris. Wish us luck.
    Read more