Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Day 17 - Sun, May 5 - Heading Home

    May 5, 2019 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    Up early to have breakfast - it was lovely to watch the sun burning the mist off the lake. We rendezvoused with Simone and two other couples at 7:30 a.m. and headed to the airport. The other couple had an 8:00 a.m. flight so Simone had done a 6:00 a.m. trip to the airport.

    It was sad to say goodbye to our travel companions, but nice to know that we were headed home. Our flight didn't leave until 1:40 p.m., so we had to wait almost two hours until we could check in our luggage. The flight left on time and arrived a bit early. Thankfully, it was a smooth flight, so Doug was in great shape. We were home safe and sound by 7:00 p.m. Toronto time - that's 1:00 a.m. Rome time. Going to have to stay up for a while to get back in synch.

    And so, our Bella Italia trip with Great Tours of Italy has come to an end. We had a fabulous time - there is nothing quite like small group touring. And there is nothing like a small group tour led by Simone to leave indelible memories. We learned a lot, saw a lot and laughed a lot and enjoyed the company of six wonderful fellow travellers.

    We hope that you have enjoyed following along with us and learning about the art, history, architecture, culture, geography, food and wine of Italy. We will be traveling again in the fall - see you then for more adventures!
    Read more