Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Feb 13 - It's Thursday - again

    February 13, 2020 in French Polynesia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    The waves roll loudly onto the beach here, so sleeping in isn’t really easy. And when a very loud rooster greets the dawn, sleeping in is not an option. Still, we managed to loll about until 9:00 a.m. We showed up for breakfast at 9:45 a.m. - the restaurant is open air looking out over the glorious blue Pacific ocean. It was almost 11:00 before we decided to do something else other than eat and ogle. Hmmmm - missed Aqua Fit in the nearby pool. We booked dinner for 6:30 p.m. - there is a music and dance show on at 7:30 p.m.

    Had to buy another electrical adaptor - the plugs here are recessed into the wall and use 3 pins - we thought our Aussie/NZ plugs would work. Nope - this is like being in France but with better weather.

    We went for a long walk on the beautiful black sand beach - yes, we put on sun screen and bug repellent. Then we retired to the downstairs balcony for some reading and a bit of a nap. This vacation thing can be very tiring……

    We ventured down to the pool and paddled in it for a while. The water is lovely and warm. More reading. Ice cream bars for lunch. Saw that noisy rooster strutting around the pool - had the urge to do something unkindly to him.....

    Mindful of sun exposure on our pasty white Canadian skin, we headed back to our suite for more reading - something I didn’t have a chance to do on the NZ trip and that Doug did have time to do during his two weeks in the penalty box in Auckland.

    The internet bandwidth here is pretty sketchy……it works sometimes, and not other times. Updates are going to be hit and miss.
    Read more