Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Feb 22 - Back in Papeete

    February 22, 2020 in French Polynesia ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    We were wakened far too early with the sound of tables and chairs being scraped across the floor in the restaurant area that is directly above us. Not good.

    We were among the first in that restaurant for breakfast - I wonder why. We are moored beside an interesting ship - it's half cruise ship and half cargo ship. It takes passengers as well as goods to the far outlying islands.

    We used up the last of our internet access after breakfast while we waited for our appointed 9:30 a.m. disembarkation time. We had to put our luggage outside our door last night so we just had our knapsacks to carry. Right on time, our transport man came to take us back to the Tahiti Pearl Resort where we were last weekend. Blessedly, our room was ready for us - it's a hot (33 deg. C) day with high humidity. We didn't relish the thought of sitting around in the non-air conditioned lobby for a few hours.

    The plan was to just have the room for one night which would mean that we would have to spend up to 8 hours in the lobby tomorrow because our airport pickup is at 8:00 p.m. Since the budget for this trip is already in tatters, we booked the room for another night so we can read/loll around in relative comfort until 8:00 p.m.

    We spent the day reading, having lunch (the restaurant service is still dreadful), walking on the beach, swimming in the ocean and paddling in the pool. More reading for Doug after that. I coaxed enough bandwidth from the internet here to be able to download a couple of videos to watch.

    We are heading back to the resort restaurant for dinner.
    Read more