Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Feb 24 - LA to Toronto and HOME!

    February 24, 2020 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    All pictures have now been uploaded and captioned. Enjoy!!

    We landed in Los Angeles about 10:30 a.m. local time - two hours ahead of Tahiti time. The flight was quite smooth (Doug managed to sleep through much of it) and the landing was fine. Just one more flight to get through.

    Along with Felix and Leanne from Sudbury that we met in the lounge in Papeete - they were on the same flight to LA and will be on the same flight to Toronto - we wound our way through baggage retrieval, immigration, getting boarding passes, and then another round of security. We are now all hunkered down in the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge for about 3 hours - easy, fast internet here. And the cookies are warm and rival those at Tim's. Well done, Air Canada.

    We are getting there!

    The flight to Toronto had some turbulence, but Doug handled it well. We landed about 11:30 p.m. We got through customs fast with our NEXUS cards. After getting our bags, we called Sky Park who were there in 3 minutes to pick us up. They had our car warmed up and waiting for us. We left Tahiti in 33 deg. C. weather. Had to add some layers to handle the 3 deg. C. weather! We were home by 1:00 a.m. and in bed by 1:30 a.m.

    And so, this adventure has come to an end - it was not our finest travel memory. At least I got to see New Zealand - it's a fascinating, scenic country with great people who continually display grit and determination in the face of adversity. French Polynesia is scenic and a haven for divers and snorkelers. We enjoyed getting a tan in the middle of winter! We hope that you have enjoyed being along for the ride and learning about the history, geography, culture, economy and traditions of New Zealand and French Polynesia.
    Read more