Satellite
Show on map
  • November 29 - Off to Europe!

    November 6, 2022 in Canada ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    Finally, after almost two years of planning and a crushing cancellation last November, I am off to experience the world-famous Christmas Markets of Europe in Germany, Czechia and Austria. My traveling companions as we leave Canada are my sisters Sheilagh, Mary Ann and Theresa, along with Sheilagh's sister-in-law, Vicky, and our brother Michael's partner, Sue. We will be joined by our sister Angela who lives near Heidelberg, Germany. This is our first time traveling together. We leave Toronto at 9:35 p.m. and arrive in Frankfurt at 11:10 a.m.

    Angela put on her marketing and communications hat and dubbed this the "Seven Sisters Loud and Crazy Christmas Markets Tour". We will endeavour to have this trip live up to that description!

    We will be visiting Heidelberg, Dresden, Prague, Vienna, Nuremberg and Frankfurt. Christmas Markets open at the beginning of Advent and run through until Christmas. They are a riot of lights, music, delectable treats and unique, hand-crafted wares. We will get in some sightseeing in each location also.

    Our flight took off on time with all six of the Canadian contingent on board. Step one complete. Apologies to Sue for not including her in the pictures in this footprint. She arrived from Ottawa just as we were boarding.

    See you in Germany!
    Read more