Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 73

    Lima (2)

    12 Mei 2022, Peru ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Started my first full day in a new city as usual with a Free Walking Tour including a tasting of the blessed liquor of Peru "El Pisco Sour".

    When fog bundles its colonial facades and high rises, Lima's enchantments come across as all too subtle. After Cairo, this sprawling metropolis is the second-driest world capital, rising above a long coastline of crumbling cliffs. To enjoy it, climb on the wave of chaos that spans from high-rise condos built alongside pre-Columbian temples, and fast Pacific breakers rolling toward noisy traffic snarls. Think one part southern Cali doused with a heavy dose of America Latina.
    But Lima is also sophisticated, with civilization that dates back millennia. Stately museums display sublime pottery; galleries debut edgy art; solemn religious processions recall the 18th century and crowded nightclubs dispense
    tropical beats. No visitor can miss the capital’s culinary genius, part of a gastronomic revolution more than 400 years in the making.
    This is Lima. Shrouded in history, gloriously messy and full of aesthetic delights.

    In the afternoon, as we lay comfortably in bed and rested, it suddenly started to shake, definitely noticeable and for a few seconds. An EARTHQUAKE of magnitude 5.4 11km from the epicenter, gave us quite a scare.
    Baca selengkapnya