Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Port Melbourne to Yolla

    March 7, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    After mistakenly driving two different routes in Melbourne trying to get to Port Melbourne via Montague Street; finally, success the third time. First time had to cross the West Gate Bridge then return across it.
    Well, we were in plenty of time to board and drove on to The Spirit of Tasmania almost as soon as the gates opened. Our cabin was great and we had views from our windows straight out to sea in the direction the ship was sailing.
    Had breakfast at Maccas in Devonport then began our tour. First stop was a Bluff in Devonport with a quaint lighthouse and some viewing platforms for the bay. Neil Finn is doing a concert at the Bluff this week.
    We tried to drive along the coast roads as much as we could.
    The tourist info made claim to there being a BIG penguin in Penguin. Was expecting something on the scale of the Pineapple. Disappointing. Check size against me in photo.
    We drove along the coast as far as Wynyard then backtracked a bit to go inland towards Queenstown. Yolla was a very small town with a big General Store.
    After Yolla we drove through lots of tree plantations.
    Read more