Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Smithton to Beauty Point - via Penguin

    January 2, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Early start this morning cause there was lots we want to do today.  (But we didn't get to do it.) Left campsite just before 7:30am.

    We were aiming for Doctor Rocks first off but ended up skipping it as it was down what appeared to be a long unsealed road.

     Instead our first stop was a little town called Penguin where the Fairy Penguins migrate to each year.  (We're hoping to see penguins at some point but unsure if we're going to fit it in. ) We stopped for a photo at The Big Penguin though and ducked into the visitor  centre for some souvenirs. 

    Suzie, crazy thing she is, went for a quick swim.  It was 14 degrees.    She crazy. 

    The town of Penguin is super cute though.

    Then on to House of Anvers, a chocolate factory and cafe where we stopped for lunch.  The children's roses out the front smell amazing.  Would love to bottle it. The non alcoholic apple cidar Suzie had was out of this world.  I had falafel tacos, then a tasting plate with 5 mini cakes and a hot chocolate.  Soooo full. Then of cause I spent a little over $100 on chocolate.  I can't believe I did that. 😳🤭

    We didn't get to do some of the things we hoped to do today.  Hope to get them done tomorrow. (Seahorse World, Platypus House and Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre)

    Would like to see the Fairy Penguins too.  We can do it tonight or tomorrow night at 9pm at a place about 45 minutes drive from our camp.  Would make it an extra long day.  I doubt we will fit it in, which is a bit disappointing.  We'll see I guess. Can't do everything.
    Read more