Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Kensington Gardens

    April 28, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Suzie - We are staying in Bayswater, part of the City of Westminster and on the doorstep of Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park 😀😀😀 It's absolutely beautiful here 💜💜💜💜

    I'm so glad we are here!! Our arrival at our hotel wasn't as smooth as we hoped but it sure was memorable!! Note to self, go to stations that have lifts, most stations have stairs and the people of London were very kind to help us get our bags up the stairs!!!

    Nik - After battling with our bags on the stairs through the train stations....(Why are there no ramps? Do they not like ramps here? They would be very helpful when your dragging a 20kg bag around. ((However I do have to thank the many, many people who showed us such kindness, offering to help us with the stairs.))

    ...and a strange issue with the express train pass I had, (🤷) we made it to our hotel in Bayswater. It's small, but tidy and warm and suits our purpose....sleep and showers.

    I'm tired and have sore legs from being cramped up in the plane for so long, and looking forward to sleep tonight, but I'm not really feeling jet lagged. So yay!

    After dumping our stuff at the hotel and a very much needed shower (the shower could be hotter) we went for an explore. A walk to Kensington Palace and the gardens too. So good to stretch our legs a bit and start looking around.
    Read more