Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Our First Eurovision Event!!!

    May 8, 2023 in England

    Nik - After exploring Chester today it was time tonight to head into Liverpool for our first Eurovision event!

    We caught the 6:15pm train into James Street and went to the Eurovillage. There was various Eurovision photo opportunities on the way down to Pier Head, which of cause we HAD to take advantage of.

    Security is tight getting into the village and there are a a long list of things we're not allowed to take in with us. We had to line up a bit but the line didn't move too slowly.

    First stop was the official merchandise store for a few souvenirs before exploring.

    There is two very long lines of bars, several food places, Conchita's Holiday House (which is basically a photo opportunity) and a big area to explore Ukrainian culture. (We didn't have much time there tonight we we left the cultural area to explore when we have more time.

    Then to the stage are for Go_A. She was fabulous! We danced to Shum (from Eurovision 2021) But the really REALLY special thing was when she had the entire audience hold hands and do a circle dance.

    Then we had tickets to Fusion Night Club dancing with other Eurovision fanatics. We had been hoping to see The Roop but they didn't come on to late and we had to leave at 11:15pm in order to make the last train back to Chester.
    Read more