Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Eurovision Second Semi Final

    May 11, 2023 in England ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    Suzie - Today we set off a little earlier to get to the M&S Arena in Liverpool for the second semi final so we could get on the barrier (front row on the floor) as my ankles/knees and Nik's back can't take 4-5 hours without sitting down and success!! It was a lot better than Tuesday when we didn't get to the barrier in time 😀😀

    It was a fantastic show with performances from Poland, Iceland, Cyprus, Australia, Austria, Armenia, Slovenia, Belgium, Georgia, Greece, Denmark, Romania, Lithuania, San Marino, Estonia and Albania with Australia qualifying along with Albania, Armenia, Poland, Austria, Slovenia, Cyprus, Belgium, Lithuania and Estonia. Woooooo!!! Saturday's show is going to be absolutely fabulous!!!!

    We had intended to drop some jackets and warmer clothes off in a bag at a luggage storage facility, go to the Arena, go back to the luggage storage facility, put warmer clothes on and hit Eurovillage to watch semi final 2 there, however the weather had other plans and it bucketed down so Nik and I decided to go back to Chester, grabbed some drinks and snacks to watch semi final 2 in the hotel room, which we have just done 😀😀😀

    It's time for bed!! I'm too excited for Saturday as tomorrow it's back to Liverpool for brunch with other Australian Eurovision fans, posting items back to Australia and washing clothes!! Woooo!!! Not many pics today though!!

    Nik - We left super early to stow some warm clothes at a luggage storage place called bounce. We had been so cold at the village during semi 1 we wanted to be prepared and made sure we'd be warm, expecially since I feel like I've picked up a mild head cold. And also in an attempted to line up for the arena early in the hopes of getting a barrier position.

    In the line up at the area we both felt we were a little further back than we had been for semi 1 so I honestly didn't think we'd get the coveted barrier position. But we did! And it made it so much easier on us both having the barrier to lean on. It was a great relief.

    It was a awesome show, though it is true that Semi 2 was the weaker of the two semi's.

    As always I'm fascinated by watching all the behind the scenes things. The stage crew doing their work setting up and taking down all the sets, the cameras whizzing about. Then there is feeling the heat of the flames when they use the fire jets. We were right in the thick of it.

    When we left the show it was raining lighty. We got the bag of warm clothes we had stowed at a luggage minding place and the rain started to get heavier. We made the tough call to skip the village. Your not allowed to take umbrella's into the village and there would be nowhere dry to sit. A bit disapointing but but with me having the sniffles and the rain it was the sensible choice. We grabbed some snacks at the train station on the way back then settled into the comfort and warmth of our room with a hot drink to watch semi 2 on the tv.

    But the extra good news is.......

    AUSTRALIA MADE IT TO THE FINAL!!!!!!!!!
    ,🇦🇺❤️🇦🇺❤️❤️🇦🇺❤️🇦🇺❤️🇦🇺❤️🇦🇺❤️🇦🇺❤️

    Awesome news.

    This year is currently the last year Australia is contracted to be in Eurovision and many of us have been on edge as to if we'd be invited back. Nothing official but we've heard on the grapevine that the BBC is keen to have us back. No word how SBS or the Australian contingent feels though. Fingers crossed.
    Read more