Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Eurovision @ British Music Experience

    May 13, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Suzie - I can't think of a better place outside of the Arena to have a Eurovision watch party!! Surrounded by British music memorabilia and interactive displays, this place is absolutely fabulous!!

    It's right next to the Eurovillage, so while we were waiting for the doors to open, we were treated to the Vengaboys playing so we were all dancing on the steps at the BME.

    I was in music heaven!!! I need to come back to this place!!

    We danced to all the Eurovision songs and cheered each other's countries on when we got points from jury votes - I didn't see 12 points coming from Portugal and Iceland for Australia!! Woooo!! Other countries were generous with points for Australia too - just goes to show that Voyager (Australia's fabulous entry with 'Promise') resonated with a lot of different countries! Then the televotes came in from all over the world and then it was down to two countries - Finland's Kããrijã with 'Cha Cha Cha' and Sweden's Loreen with 'Tattoo'. We were wanting Finland to win so much, but it was not to be with Loreen winning. Germany sadly came last which was upsetting as 'Blood and Glitter' by Lord Of The Lost is an absolute banger!! Australia came 9th overall and 1st in semi 2!!.

    Cue the post Eurovision blues.... There is always next year!
    Read more