Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Back to London

    May 28, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Suzie - I'm absolutely shattered!!! The plan was to go to Brighton this afternoon but after the day we've had, I will have to go next time.

    Our train was cancelled from York, so we had to get on a 4 carriage train instead of the 9 carriage one which arrived later than expected. All these people were waiting to go to London Kings Cross station; it was a mess, bags and people everywhere on the train, 4 working toilets for everyone, me next to the toilet thankfully on a fold down seat with Nik on a similar seat over the other side of the train.

    We got to London Kings Cross almost an hour after the scheduled time, the lift was broken down to the tube platform, went from there to Victoria Station, took at least 30 mins to get up the lifts to get to the Gatwick Express platform, we stood the whole way to the airport and had to ask a few times how to get to our hotel (Bloc Hotel), which is conveniently located inside the airport. But we are here and resting and for that I'm grateful!!

    Our Dubai hotel is across the road from Dubai International, so hopefully the shuttle will be easy to find! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a room in a similarly located hotel, but you get that!!
    Read more