Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Rocking all over NYC

    November 28, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 4 °C

    Today is our last full day in New York, it’s also the anniversary of when we first met Friday 28th November 1986. 32 years ago, Janet was 16 and I 17. We weren’t overly impressed with each other to start with, but fortunately once we got to know each other, things changed.
    A real lazy morning, waking to a call from Grace to say she has passed her driving theory test (well done sweetheart never in doubt). Heading down to breakfast at 10am breakfast it’s a little bit quieter than other days.
    We eventually leave the hotel at midday, a trip to pick up a Christmas present before we go to Radio City Music Hall to watch the Christmas spectacular starring the Rockettes. Once again, as with nearly every attraction we have been too, you are subject to near airport style security. I was allowed to keep my belt on at this one 😂. Its a very good show, although the family in front need to sit bloody still (Janet’s only short) 😂😂. There’s a heavy police presence when we leave, along with manic traffic - this is all due to the Christmas Lights switch on tonight at the Rockerfella centre.
    After a quick nip back to the hotel to drop off our presents, we stop off for cocktails (we are getting a taste for these).
    We head over to towards the Rockafella Centre with the intention of going to the “Top of the Rock”. After battling through the massive crowds, a NYPD officer tells us we can only be admitted with tickets so we abandon our plan for beer and food. The advertised tree lighting at 7pm is not only televised, but also still not happened by 8.45 - glad we didn’t queue for it 🙃. We head back to the hotel stopping off at a little cocktail bar en route, negroni for Janet Apple Whisky cinnamon for me. Janet isn’t keen so orders Prosecco (it is happy hour), the negroni isn’t that bad👍. Back to the hotel via Times Square and a stop off at starbucks for a cup of tea.
    Read more