Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Argentinian BBQ

    September 2, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Argentina's love affair with BBQ, or "asado" as they call it, is truly something to behold. They take grilling to a whole new level, and admittedly their BBQ prowess puts Australia's to shame – though they give us credit when it comes to rugby.

    For dinner tonight, we had the privilege of experiencing a local tradition: a homemade Parrilla, where a lovely Argentine couple welcomed us into their home to savor an authentic Argentinian Asado. The menu featured an enticing array of meats, including black pudding, succulent pork belly, mouthwatering rib-eye, and flavorful tri-tip. Each meat dish was expertly paired with a selection of fine Argentinian wines, making it a gastronomic delight.

    While we, six foreigners, were fortunate to enjoy this feast tonight, it's worth noting that this is a weekly event where the hosts typically gather with family and friends, making it a cherished tradition.

    And here's where things got amusing: as we waited to enter the home, two other guests arrived and struck up a conversation, only to discover they were both from San Diego. What a quirky coincidence! But the surprises didn't end there. Inside, we met another couple who hailed from Brisbane. It's a small world indeed, especially when you're sharing a meal in a foreign land.

    To cap off the evening, we were introduced to an intriguing drink called Fernet Branca. With its potent herbal flavor, even mixing it with Coca-Cola didn't tame its distinctive taste. It was a fitting end to a memorable night filled with culinary delights and unexpected connections.
    Read more