Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 7

    "No more mas"

    7 september 2023, Brasilien ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    After the jungle drive and 250 stairs (we need the practice for Brazil and Colombia) we arrive at a very powerful jet boat on a river that is flowing at 2 million litres per second where they strap us into a life vest and say "enjoy the shower." Thrown around in the rapids to applause and wooos we get to the base of the waterfalls, which we were only at the top of a few hours earlier watching the volume of water falling off the edge of the cliffs to what waits below... Well in that moment it was us that waited below. Bow first the boat pushed under the falls and no mercy was given to any piece of unprotected clothing. I had the camera, since I was on the edge and becoming disorientated was an understatement. I didn't know which way was up or down as my vision was completely white washed from the downpour above me. What a shot of adrenaline this was, and the perfect way to get a kiss goodbye from a simply epic place.

    (Before getting in the boat we were told to call out "Uno mas" meaning "one more" in Spanish to get the driver to go under again. After the third time getting drenched I mistakenly called out "No more mas" as a joke, which makes literally no sense in any language 😂)
    Läs mer