Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Beach Walk and Marius Restaurant

    September 10, 2023 in Brazil ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Come for the experience, stay for the food.

    Walking along Copacabana beach at night, people packing up day mode and moving into night mode. The beach was still alive with partially clothed beautiful people. We enjoyed the walk as the sun went down until the end of the path and turning back towards our restaurant.

    Marius is unlike anything I've been to before. Every inch of the restaurant (and it's big) was littered with decorations. The ceiling, the walls and even the floor.

    Sitting down they put a little flag on the table that represent the counties of the people dining at that table. I'm not a flash guy, but looking around there were definitely some I didn't recognise.

    This too was a type of Brazilian BBQ, except it included seafood too. Prawns, calamari, fish, octopus and then also the meats of steaks and even wild pig ribs.

    The bathroom was an experience on its own. I've never taken so many pictures in one bathroom before. Gravel on the floor, rocks in the sink, big chest like locks on the cubical doors, a wooden toilet and ice in the urinal. I was fascinated.
    Read more