Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 13

    San Cristóbal Hill

    13 de septiembre de 2023, Chile ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    For a city, that we were told, doesn't actively practice religion... Almost everything we saw today was deeply religious based. This San Cristobal Hill continues that theme. It's the second highest point in the city and to get to the top you take a steep funicular, which is my new favourite word. They appear to be trying to make it a bit of a fun park by having an avery, market, food stalls, cable car, pools and all sorts of things. But sitting in pride of place on top of the hill is a 14-meter statue of the Virgin Mary. Someone worshipped heavily here in Santiago it seems based from the other cathedrals we saw today.

    Here we had a special local drink only made in Spring called More con Huesillo. Best I can describe it as a very sweet tea, it has a bottom of wheat that you eat with a spoon and an entire dried apricot soaking inside it (Seed and all). I didn't understand it, but I liked the taste. But definitely not for everyone.

    Our hotel was conveniently located a few blocks from the bottom of the cable car. So we took the ride on that back down to the bottom, getting a view of the northern part of the district and how pretty that area was.

    A big day of walking unexpectedly, my feet are definitely not best friends with me at the moment.
    Leer más