Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Theatron

    September 23, 2023 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Sleep is optional, but going to Latin America's and the world's largest gay-themed clubs was a must. This place was huge, housing 13 distinct rooms of different music and dance styles including a restaurant. Which is where we started.

    Catching up with a local friend here, we were able to get a quick tour of the rooms before they started to fill with people. Before finally sitting down to start the first of many drinks for them night.

    This place isn't just a nightclub, it is a full community. For somewhere that houses 5000 partygoers, it was incredibly efficient. Even in occasion getting bumped while dancing by a cleaner. Bar staff even came to you and asked if you wanted drinks, so no standing in queues.

    The main room, named after the club, we spent the majority of our time getting drunk enough to start dancing. (Two cocktails and half a bottle of vodka if you were curious about what the threshold was.) The music was English and just my taste.

    Then we moved to to the roof top. Closer, more people pushed together and Colombians doing what Colombians do best... Dancing. It was loud, it was hot and most importantly it was fun!
    Read more