Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Medellin Food Tour

    October 1, 2023 in Colombia ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    I probably should have taken more pics of the food in this food tour. But i think what was exciting for us was just catching up with Erica, our tour guide from the Guatape tour who we had such a fun time with. It was so exciting to have her again to show us around for a few hours this area of Medellin (not technically Medellin but let's not get into that here).

    Everywhere in this amazing country is so lively and colourful and full of energy. Walking around the market streets we grabbed some bites to enjoy. Starting with an Arepa with cheese, you get an arepa with almost every meal here. This one in particular was buttery and soft.

    The next thing was basically a cheese ball with blackberry jam to have with it. This particular stall had one a record for coming the largest version of this.

    After that we had an empenada and a little chorizo which we had with some pineapple salsa which worked so well together.

    A night couldn't finish without some shots. The national drink here in Colombia is called Aguadiente. An aniseed type liquor that we were already very familiar with from our late nights chatting and jacuzzi.

    The Aguadiente made the boy's feet tap and hips swing, as they got up to show us how to move like a Latino.
    Read more